HITMAKER X URBAN STEPS
BEYOND THE LABEL
Supported by The Ministry of Culture, Community & Youth
THE NEXT HITMAKER DANCE COMPETITION
The Next Hitmaker dance Competition (NHDC) is an event specially brought to you by the joint collaboration between the Republic Polytechnics, Hitmaker Global Academy and Urban Steps. The NHDC is part of the main theme of Beyond the Label, supported by the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth in Singapore. The aim of NHDC is to promote continued engagement of Singapore’s youth in programmes that would serve to enhance mental resilience, physical fitness, confidence in sports performance; and also promote social connectivity as a nation united together against COVID-19.
The Virtual Learning Environment
Powered by Hitmaker Online
The Programmes at the Next Hitmaker Dance Competition has 3 major phases promoting active learning, engagement and competitiveness. Phase 1 will kick start the event with the theme of learning and active lifestyle. At Phase 1, 16 Dance movements will be delivered in a Virtual Learning Environment with contents available to everyone for free through a Learning Management System (LMS). The aim of this Phase focuses on promoting mental and physical wellness.
This is a first of its kind dance competition that provides its participants with the opportunity to learn, and have fun competing with peers internationally.
The concept allows participants of all ages for both amateurs and semi-professional dancers.
At Phase 2, participants have a choice to move into the preliminary round of the dance competition. In the preliminaries, 100 contestants will be selected to compete online via teleconference devise face to face with renown international adjudicators such as acclaimed trainers for the K-POP artist, BTS, NCT, and many more. Rules and regulations of the NHDC shall be published in the Virtual Learning Environment made available upon subscription in Phase 1. 5o finalist will be selected to compete in the Final Round at the Republic Polytechnic’s The Republic Cultural Centre (TRCC) held in January 2021.
Jeff Miyahara composed and produced over 200 artists and over 40 million sales globally. Jeff is an international producer with a creative team of Grammy Awards Winners from all over the world.
In addition to his numerous collaborations with mega-hit artists in Japan. Jeff also continues to work with top-tier international artists. In 2009, Jeff signed on with UM360 (a management division of Universal Music Japan) to further solidify his position as a major player in the global music market. He currently has projects in the works in the US, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Australia, while continuing his work in Japan. Evidence that having a powerhouse like Universal behind him is helping extend his international reach even further.
Competition Chief Executive
The names of the panel judges for the Next Hitmaker Dance Competition 2020 will be announced soon! Stay tuned to find out more about the profile of our amazing judges!
RULES & REGULATIONS
THE NEXT HITMAKER DANCE COMPETITION (NHDC) is open to all nationalities of all ages.
NHDC is all about finding the Next Pop Star and we aim to have as much fun as possible throughout this process. We believe that Family is the most important bond in our lives whether it is with relatives or dance mates. Therefore, we have decided to break it down in the following format:
Phase 1 (Aug 2020)
In this phase, it is all about learning. Everyone can subscribe to the Hitmaker Online learning management system to learn 16 Tik Tok Dance Songs virtually. Our instructors have pre-recorded these 16 popular Tik Tok dances so that you can learn at your own time and have fun with your family and friends. So stay healthy and be active!
Phase 2 (Sept 2020)
1. Stage 1 “Everything Online” (Online submission – no limit of participations)
Submit your best Tik Tok dance recording and stand to be selected to be our Top 20 winners for Tik Tok Dance Submissions and be invited to perform as our opening act at our Live Event @ Republic Polytechnic in Jan 2021. (TBC)
2. Stage 1A Preliminary
At the preliminary stage, only selected candidates will meet and perform online in front of our adjudicators. Selected contestants will progress into the finals.
Phase 3 (Jan 2021) [Live in Singapore @ RP)
1. Stage 2 “Tik Tok Dance Party”
Join the party with your family, friends, and colleagues. Participants will showcase their unique personalities in our very own Tik Tok Dance Party. 50 Shining stars will be handpicked and move on to the next competition phase.
Phase 3 – Top 20/3
1. Stage 3 “Tik Tok Dance Competition”
As we move closer to finding “The Next Hitmaker”, it is time to get serious and water out the competition. Only the Top 20 participants survive this competition stage and are given the opportunity to be groomed by “Hitmaker Global Academy” (terms and conditions applies)
2. Final Stage “The Next Hitmaker”
The Top 3 participants will rise to the Finale Stage. Each of the 3 Finalists will be Graced with their own backup dance crew and assigned a dance coach to prepare them for their final act on our TRCC Big Stage in a projection dance performance in front of a panel of International Producers and distinguished guests.
Registration will be done online via a link provided in the virtual learning environment. A NHDC competition module will be made available in August that is open for all participant to register themselves into the competition. All transaction can be completed online via the Hitmaker Online portal. All participants are required to adhere to this set of rules and regulations stipulated by the organizers to be eligible for participation in the competition. Every Participant will have to produce his/her NRIC/Passport, and/or birth certificate (or such other identification document) for verification purposes upon reporting to the organizer. All participants will be required to sign an indemnity form and return to the organizer.
(No minimum age or maximum age for preliminary)
Participants under the age of 18, are to have a parent/legal guardian’s consent form be filled together with the registration.
1. Pre-marketing release: 30th June 2020
2. Registration opens at 0800hrs on 1st August 2020.
3. The closing date for registration will be at 2359hrs on 1st September 2020.
Rules & Regulations
Participants are to provide their own costumes, hair styling, make-up and are required to don proper attire. Attire may include accessories such as hats, gloves, scarves, jewellery, etc. Removing pieces of clothing during the performance is permitted provided it is not offensive or out of character. Costumes are to be secured and avoid overexposure. T-shirts shall not bear any indecent words or graphics.
It is the responsibility of the participant and/or family member and/or accompanying party to report a participant’s injury or illness to the event organizer(s). If a participant were to sustain major injuries (e.g. concussion, heavy bleeding on part/s of the body), the injured member must receive immediate medical attention. In any case of serious injuries that need medical attention, the Organizer will determine the necessity of sending the injured participant to the nearest hospital/medical facility. However, all medical expenses will be borne by such participant.
Inappropriate and suggestive gestures are not permitted and may rule the participant disqualified. If there is any act of physical violence (e.g. punching, hitting, slapping) or any unruly behaviour between any of the participants at any point (involving one or more participants), the participant will be immediately disqualified. Involved participants will be immediately removed from the event and necessary disciplinary actions will be taken.
Dance theme or moves should not show any level of violence; act of indecency or in any nature to offend racial/political/sexist matters.
The Organizers embrace sportsmanship, hence if any participant behaves in a manner that is unfair to any other participant or behaves in any other inappropriate manner, as determined by the panel of judges at their sole and absolute discretion, the participant could be disqualified. All decisions made by the Judges are final.
Participants are not permitted to smoke at the performance venues. No drugs or alcohol are permitted in the event.
The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Stage 1 “Everything Online”: In accordance with the Placement Title.
- Stage 2 “Tik Tok Dance Party”
- Energy 20%
- Musicality 20%
- Showmanship 20%
- X-factor 40%
- Stage 3 “Tik Tok Dance Competition” & Final Stage “The Next Hitmaker”
- Dance Skills – 50% (Technique 10%, Musicality 20%, Coordination 20%)
- Stage Presence – 50% (Showmanship 30%, X-factor 20%)
1. For all contestant: Certificate for Participation
2. Top 19: Medals
3. Top 4:
- Champion: S$1,000
- 1st Runner Up: S$800
- 2nd Runner Up: S$500
- 3rd Runner Up: S$200
4. Champion: Trophy + Free training by Hitmaker
5. Training for the Next Hitmaker: Only selected winners from the Top 20 is eligible to participate in the training for the selection to be the Next Hitmaker. Terms and conditions apply.
The Organizers shall not be liable to any of the participant(s) for any loss or damage or injuries or whatsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with the Competition of any kind including loss of life that may sustain during the whole period of the event. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that the Organizers has expressly excluded liability for all direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to injuries, loss or damage to other equipment or property or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings pursuant to the Competition.
Non-compliance with or any breach of any of the Rules and Regulations shall immediately disqualify the participant from any participation at any stage of the Competition, and any prizes won shall be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn. The Organizer further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, terminate, suspend, end, stop or in any other way cease the Competition at any time without prior notice.
The organizer will not be held responsible for any expenditure incurred by any participants in the competition.
The organizer reserves the right to publicize, and/or broadcast the winners’ name, likeness, image or character at any time the organizers deem fit.
The organizer reserves the right to change, amend or withdraw any of the rules and regulations stipulated without prior notice.
By participating in the Competition, the participants agree to be bound by the Rules and Regulations and hereby expressly agree to follow, abide by, and adhere to the Rules and Regulations.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must provide true, accurate, current and complete contact and other information
- You will be disqualified for false registration, making false claims, misrepresentation or any other conduct, action or activity that the NHDC, in its sole discretion, deems to be “cheating.”
- Collaborative work among co-Entrants will be accepted, but all prizes will be awarded to the Entrants whose name is on the submission form. Division of prizes among co-Entrants is the sole responsibility of winners and ISWC shall have no liability for co-Entrants failure to divide prizes
- Closing and announcement dates for this Competition may change without notice to you. Such changes will be posted on the NHDC Website
- NHDC may change these rules at any time, at NHDC’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you
- Entering this Competition does not grant you any right or license to use any NHDC material (i.e. logos, images, text, etc.), trademarks or other intellectual property of NHDC for any purpose, without first obtaining NHDC’s express written consent
- Employees of NHDC, their sponsors, advertising agencies, affiliates, agents, representatives, and the families or households of the above are ineligible to enter or win any NHDC Competitions
- The selection of winners by NHDC and the judges are final and cannot be appealed
- All Entrants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that NHDC has the right to publicize and broadcast any winner’s name, character, likeness, voice and all other matters incidental thereto
- This Competition is void where prohibited
- By entering this contest you hereby give consent to the recording, broadcast and promotion(s) of the reproduction(s) of the voice and music as part of the Next Hitmaker Dance Competition . You also understand and agree to receive no compensation for appearances and participation in the NHDC or promotion(s) of your works
- By entering the NHDC – you hereby give consent to have your dance and/or video link posted to the NHDC website, social media platforms or any equivalent streaming/distribution service where your works are available, YouTube or any other online service for promotional purposes only
- If you are a Finalist or a Wildcard, NHDC reserves the right to use your name and likeness for promotional purposes
- Artist’s name and likeness may be used in advertising and promotional material for the NHDC, but not as an endorsement of any product or service
- All rights in and to Artist’s performance submitted to the NHDC herein shall remain the sole property of the Artist and the rights granted herein are for broadcast and promotion only.
By entering this competition, the participant and/or his/her parents or legal guardian (if the applicant is a minor) agrees to accept and be bound by the decisions of the NHDC and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. The participant agrees to be bound by all terms of these Rules and Regulations as established herein.
NHDC retains all ownership rights to all submitted dance(s) for the purpose of the Competition.
NHDC reserves all rights to use the names, images, submitted videos and any other information of the participant for promotional or marketing of the competition without any compensation or notice.
The participant understands and agrees that the winning entries may be produced and compiled (singularly or collectively) into a physical and/or digital album for use and dissemination of the NHDC and that no royalty fee will be compensated to the participant.
Each participant also agrees that all worldwide intellectual property rights in any statement, materials, or content submitted, made, or created by a participant in connection with the Competition and any derivatives works arising, therefore, will be perpetually and unconditionally vested in, assigned to and owned by NHDC. NHDC has the right to use and modify such materials/works in any way as it deems fit without compensation to any participant and each participant waives all rights (including moral rights) that he/she may have in such materials/works.
The participant unconditionally agrees to release, indemnify, and hold the NHDC, its sponsors, agents, partners and judges harmless for any liability, damages, or claims for compensation, injury or loss whatsoever relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in participation of the Competition.
Each participant’s participation in this Competition is conditional upon the participants consenting to NHDC using the participant’s personal data for the following purposes:
(a) To notify the participant if he/she has won the Competition;
(b) To conduct, manage and administer, the Competition including verifying the identity of participants or the award of the prize;
(c) For promotional, advertising and marketing purposes.
NHDC may share a participant’s personal data with sponsors and third parties supporting the Competition as well as those supporting their administrative and business functions; this may involve the storage, use, disclosure or other processing or transfer of the participant’s personal data out of Singapore.
Any information, personal data and material about or obtained from the participants may be accessed, stored or otherwise processed in any medium or format determined by NHDC.
By sending in your registration to participate in the event and activities of the NHDC including the participation in the virtual learning environment, you acknowledge and commit to adhering to the rules, regulations, and the terms and conditions of the NHDC. All members and your crew listed in the Registration, hereby certify that the information given is to the best of your knowledge. We have read through all the conditions in the “Rules and Regulations” and “Terms & Conditions”.
Registration is FREE! We will create an online account for you to access our learning management system by 1st August 2020. Learn all 16 Tik Tok Dance songs!
The subscription to the NHDC is separated into 4 components. The virtual learning on the Hitmaker Online learning management system is entirely FREE. We want to promote a healthy and active lifestyle. The initiative is supported by The Ministry of Culture, Community. Fee for the competitions and masterclasses are shown in the fee structure below.
Tik Tok Dance Virtual Learning
- Access to:
- 16 Tik Tok Dance Songs
- Bonus Dance Choreography
Dance Competition (Preliminary)Preliminary Round
- Entry Pass to Tik Tok Dance Competition (Online)
Dance Competition (Final)
- Entry Pass
- NHDC T-Shirt
Dance Competition FINAL (INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATE)
- Entry Pass
- NHDC T-Shirt
Masterclass (Non-NHDC Participants)
- Access to:
- World Class International
- Dance Artist