Seakeepers X Hitmaker
International Songwriting Competition
What A Wonderful World
RESEARCH | EDUCATE | PROTECT | RESTORE
Watch a Message About Our Campaigns
About the Competition
This Songwriting Competition encompasses the three key aspects of Education, Social Awareness, and Entertainment. This competition is open for global participation and is in support of Seakeepers to generate awareness for ocean preservation, to unite people through amazing music for the global stage, and to educate and encourage music lovers around the world. With the goal of creativity for the greater good in mind, this songwriting competition aims to be a global event around the world throughout different period of the year.
About The International Seakeepers Society, Asia
The International SeaKeepers Society is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization focusing on the health of the world’s oceans and climate. Founded in 1998 by a small group of yacht owners who were alarmed by the deterioration of our natural environment, the organisation‘s initial focus was the development and use of instrumentation on yachts to monitor marine conditions throughout the world’s oceans. Today, the primary focus of SeaKeepers’ efforts is the DISCOVERY Yachts Program.
The DISCOVERY Yacht Fleet donates time, fuel and expertise to scientists in need of an oceanic research platform. SeaKeepers works with a number of universities and institutions on research and exploration missions .
DISCOVERY Yachts deploy ocean monitoring devices. SeaKeepers works with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and Argo, to make ongoing oceanographic measurements. These instruments have been designed to be scientifically productive and efficient while minimally invasive to the environment.
DISCOVERY Yachts provide an exceptional opportunity for students to witness marine science research first – hand in a “floating classroom” experience. Scientists and educators participate in field trips on the water to provide a learning encounter for students. SeaKeepers outreach events have focused around marine wildlife, instrument deployments, plastic pollution, sustainability practices and more.
2020 SEAKEEPERS ASIA FOCUS – AWARENESS THROUGH MUSIC
A competition aims to make progressive changes to mankind by celebrating the wonders of our ocean and marine environment. The main theme for this year is “What a Wonderful World”. Sponsored by Hitmaker Global Academy, this songwriting competition will be held, entitled “Song for the Sea”, to raise awareness for marine conservation. The finalists will perform their compositions at the International SeaKeepers Society Asia Awards Dinner 2020.
Closing Date for Online Submission: 10th February 2020
Competition & Showcase: 23rd February 2020
Jeff Miyahara Workshop: 25 – 27 February 2020
Gala Concert: 20 March 2020
ISWC 2020 Panel Judges
ISWC Chairman &
President for The International Seakeepers Society, Asia
Co-founder & CCO for Hitmaker Global Academy &
CEO for J-POP, Japan
Prof Jeremy Monteiro
Executive Director & Music Director for Jazz Association Singapore
Music Producer | Film Director
Vice Dean for Stanfort Faculty of Music &
CEO for United Records Production, Singapore
Competition Terms & Conditions
- This Competition is open to international participation regardless of nationality origin or country. There will no registration fee;
- Participants must not be signed to a publisher/record label;
- Songs written should ONLY be in English;
- All song submissions must be unpublished works and 100% original; and
- Participant is agreeable and bind to the Terms, Rules and Regulations of the ISWC upon submission of registration
- Theme & Content of Song: To focus on Oceanic Conservation & Exploration (specific details can be found on Seakeepers.org), celebrating the wonders of our ocean and marine environment, cheerful and positve;
- Length of song to be under 4 minutes;
- No genre restriction;
- Minimum age of 16 years and above;
- Submissions to be well recorded Vocals with Instrumental accompaniment, in mp3 format minimum 128mbps or higher;
- Lyrics and chords to be provided in Word document or in PDF format;
- Please email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Judging Criteria for initial Top 20 Songs:
- Melody 40%;
- Lyrics 40%; &
- Online Voting via Facebook Page 20% between 11th – 23rd February 2020)
- Hitmaker Global Academy Employees, Partners, Sponsors, their families, and subsidiaries, are not eligible to enter the SeaKeepers x Hitmaker International Song Writing Competition (ISWC);
- Songs must be submitted through the ISWC email address at email@example.com;
- Each song entry must be Entrant’s original creation;
- Entries may have co-writer[s], but one name must be designated per entry;
- Songs should not exceed 4 minutes in length (4:00);
- Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, originality and lyrics;
- Prizes will be awarded to the Entrant even with multiple named authors; division of prize is responsibility of named – winner;
- Entry files must be uploaded as an MP3 minimum 128bps or higher. ISWC is not responsible for any corrupt files you may submit. Any and all corrupt files will be deleted without notification to you;
- All submissions to this Competition must be fully submitted by specified deadline on the ISWC website;
- All entries are final and irrevocable. Once you have submitted an entry for this Competition you may not withdraw the entry or request to change the category, genre or other division you chose for the entry;
- By entering the ISWC – you hereby give consent to have your song and/or song link posted to the ISWC website, social media platforms, or any equivalent streaming/distribution service where your works are available, YouTube or any other online service for promotional purposes only;
- Winner of the grand prize must be eligible and able to travel to receive prize. Grand prize winner will be notified by email at the address provided, and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/publicity release within ten (10) days after the date on such notification. The affidavit will state that the winner’s song is an original work and that the winner holds all rights to the song or is a cover of a licensed song and is identified as such in the submission. Failure to sign and return this affidavit within ten (10) days, or the provision of false/inaccurate information therein, will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavits of winners under eighteen (18) years of age at the time of award must be countersigned by the winner’s parent or legal guardian. Affidavits are subject to verification by the (ISWC)
Competition rules & regulations
- Prize winners may be asked to prove that the composition was created with legal, purchased software. Songwriters using illegal software are not eligible to win the ISWC Song-Writing Competition;
- Entrants must be at least 16 years of age to enter this Competition;
- Entrants must provide true, accurate, current and complete contact and other information;
- You will be disqualified for false registration, making false claims, misrepresentation or any other conduct, action or activity that the ISWC, in its sole discretion, deems to be “cheating.”;
- Each song submitted must consist entirely of the Entrant’s original work. You will be disqualified for submitting any material for which you either do not solely own all worldwide copyright rights or have not obtained all necessary licenses, in proper form;
- Collaborative work among co-Entrants will be accepted, but all prizes will be awarded to the Entrants whose name is on the submission form. Division of prizes among co-Entrants is the sole responsibility of winners and ISWC shall have no liability for co-Entrants failure to divide prizes;
- If an entry created by multiple songwriters wins the Grand Prize, only one songwriter may claim the complete Grand Prize. ISWC is not responsible for selecting the single recipient of this prize;
- Closing and announcement dates for this Competition may change without notice to you. Such changes will be posted on the ISWC Website;
- ISWC may change these rules at any time, at ISWC’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you;
- Entering this Competition does not grant you any right or license to use any ISWC material (i.e. logos, images, text, etc.), trademarks or other intellectual property of ISWC for any purpose, without first obtaining ISWC’s express written consent;
- Employees of ISWC, their sponsors, advertising agencies, affiliates, agents, representatives, and the families or households of the above are ineligible to enter or win any ISWC Competitions;
- The selection of winners by ISWC and the judges are final and cannot be appealed;
- All Entrants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that ISWC has the right to publicize and broadcast any winner’s name, character, likeness, voice and all other matters incidental thereto;
- This Competition is void where prohibited;
- By entering this contest you hereby give consent to the recording, broadcast and promotion(s) of the reproduction(s) of the voice and music as part of the ISWC Song-Writing Competition. You also understand and agree to receive no compensation for appearances and participation in the ISWC Song-Writing Competition or promotion(s) of your works;
- By entering the ISWC Song-Writing Competition – you hereby give consent to have your song and/or song link posted to the IMSTA website, social media platforms or any equivalent streaming/distribution service where your works are available, YouTube or any other online service for promotional purposes only;
- If you are a Finalist or a Wildcard, IMSTA reserves the right to use your name and likeness for promotional purposes;
- Artist’s name and likeness may be used in advertising and promotional material for the IMSTA Song-Writing Competition, but not as an endorsement of any product or service;
- All rights in and to Artist’s performance submitted to the IMSTA Song-writing Competition herein shall remain the sole property of the Artist and the rights granted herein are for broadcast and promotion only.
By entering this competition, the participant and/or his/her parents or legal guardian (if the applicant is a minor) agrees to accept and be bound by the decisions of the Seakeepers and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. The participant agrees to be bound by all terms of these Rules and Regulations as established herein.
Seakeepers retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s) for the purpose of the Competition.
Seakeepers reserves all rights to use the names, images, submitted song(s), music, audios and any other information of the participant for promotional or marketing of the competition without any compensation or notice.
The participant understands and agrees that the winning entries may be produced and compiled (singularly or collectively) into a physical and/or digital album for use and dissemination of the Seakeepers and that no royalty fee will be compensated to the participant.
Each participant also agrees that all worldwide intellectual property rights in any statement, materials, or content submitted, made, or created by a participant in connection with the Competition and any derivatives works arising therefore will be perpetually and unconditionally vested in, assigned to and owned by Seakeepers. Seakeepers has the right to use and modify such materials/works in any way as it deems fit without compensation to any participant and each participant waives all rights (including moral rights) that he/she may have in such materials/works.
The participant unconditionally agrees to release, indemnify, and hold the Seakeepers, its sponsors, agents, partners and judges harmless for any liability, damages, or claims for compensation, injury or loss whatsoever relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in participation of the Competition.
Each participant’s participation in this Competition is conditional upon the participants consenting to Seakeepers using the participant’s personal data for the following purposes:
(a) To notify the participant if he/she has won the Competition;
(b) To conduct, manage and administer, the Competition including verifying the identity of participants or the award of the prize;
(c) For promotional, advertising and marketing purposes.
Seakeepers may share a participant’s personal data with sponsors and third parties supporting the Competition as well as those supporting their administrative and business functions; this may involve the storage, use, disclosure or other processing or transfer of the participant’s personal data out of Singapore.
Any information, personal data and material about or obtained from the participants may be accessed, stored or otherwise processed in any medium or format determined by Seakeepers.
Seakeepers may, at its sole discretion, modify these Rules and Regulation, make prize substitutions or cancel this Competition, without prior notice to any participant or person. Seakeeper’s decision on all matters relating to this Competition shall be final, binding and conclusive on all person participating and involved in this Competition and no correspondence will be entertained.
Top 3 songs:
- Will be produced by Jeff Miyahara, mixed by Eric Wong and digitally distributed by United Records to all Major International Music Platforms
- Performed and recorded by Professional Artists
- Copyright to be managed by Hitmaker
- Presented at Seakeepers Gala Dinner by Professional Artist
- Attend a free 3 full day Workshop by Jeff Miyahara
- Only the Top 3 song will be performed by selected professional artist by the organiser at the Gala Concert.
Top 20 songs:
- Selected for Finalist Showcase, live presentation, judged by Internationally Acclaimed Judges & online voting
- Top 20 Participants get to attend Jeff Miyahara’s Workshop at a discounted rate of $1000 per pax (Original Price SGD 2000)
ISWC Global Experience Workshop
Jeff Miyahara Workshop will include:
- Music Production Partner: J-POP Music Group (Jeff Miyahara) x Spinnup
- 1 Song per day
- Engineers, KOLs, and Celebrity /Professional Artist
- Live Presentation of Top 20 songs at Our Tampines Hub
- 4 judges – 1 from Seakeepers and 3 from local and abroad
- Conservation Awareness Programme & Documentary Filming
- Workshop Location: Hitmaker Global Academy’s Studio at Our Tampines Hub, Singapore (20 people capacity, or Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music Recording Studio for larger capacity)
Please include the following participant information:
- Full Name(s)
- Contact number (with country code)
- Contact email and correspondence address
- A short write up of Songwriter’s bio
- A copy of photo with high resolution of 300 dpi
- Please email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry materials submitted will not be returned to the applicant. Seakeepers is not responsible for any lost, delayed, damaged, stolen, misappropriation or incomplete entries.
Seakeepers reserves the right to reject and/or disqualify any incomplete or inaccurate entry and/or any entry in its view is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, blasphemous, libellous, and offensive, or contain any content that promotes bigotry, racism, harm or any form of discrimination whatsoever. All details submitted must be true and accurate. Written verification will be required from the participant upon request.